Ground Water Report to the Nation
Ground Water Report to the Nation: A Call to Action
Our groundwater resources are in serious need of attention. Abundant, high quality, low-cost groundwater resources are fundamental to the long-term growth and vitality of our nation, yet this most important resource is often overlooked, if not neglected. Attention to the protection and management of groundwater has consistently lagged behind that given to surface waters, meaning that historic and current water resource laws and policies deal primarily with the protection and management of our more visible lakes, rivers, and wetlands.
The purpose of the Ground Water Report to the Nation is to highlight some of the more prevalent threats to groundwater, share sucess stories, and make recommendations for improved groundwater protection and awareness.
- Introduction and Foreword
- Call to Action
- Use and Availability-Summary Sheet
- Resource Characterization & Monitoring- Summary Sheet
- Source Water Protection
- Land Use - Summary Sheet
- Stormwater Management- Summary Sheet
- Underground Storage Tanks
- Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Underground Injection Control-Summary Sheet
- Abandoned Mines-Summary Sheet
- Alternative Water Supplies