Call for Student Posters - Abstracts
The Ground Water Protection Council is currently accepting abstracts for poster presentations for the 2017 Annual Forum held Sept. 27-29 in Boston.
This is a great opportunity for PhD, graduate, and undergraduate students to network, present their research, and attend this event. We welcome both academic groups & individuals to present their research. Finalists will be chosen after abstracts are reviewed following the submission deadline of August 31, 2017.
- Groundwater Quality & Quantity:
- Stormwater Management & Groundwater Protection
- Source Water Protection in the Northeast
- Groundwater Protection & Brownfields
- Source Water Protection Collaborations
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Groundwater/Surface Water Interactions
- Brackish/Saline Water Desalination & Use for Municipal, Industrial and Other Uses
- Groundwater Vulnerability for Domestic and Public Water Supplies
- Underground Injection Control:
- Technical Issues, Issues & Priorities
- Gas Storage
- Produced Water
- Abstracts are to be submitted online and should be no more than 300 words describing student research in the topics outlined. Abstracts are selected on the basis of their scientific significance, timeliness, quality of data and methodology, adherence to specific format requirements, and other criteria deemed important by judging panel.
- Selected students must prepare a poster for onsite display. Posters should be 3'x4'. More poster details will be given to those students selected.
- Student posters will be displayed from noon to 5 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 28, during the GWPC Annual Forum at the Sheraton Boston. Selected students must bring and set up posters no later than 11:30 a.m. Students may then attend conference activities throughout the day.
- A reception is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. at the hotel. Posters will be moved to the reception room, and selected students should be onsite to answer questions about their posters.
- All abstracts will be published on the GWPC web site and in the event mobile app.
Those selected will receive complimentary registration to the UIC Conference. Unfortunately, the GWPC is not able to provide travel assistance.
- The three best research presenters will receive a cash award in the amounts of: $500, First Place; $250, First Runner Up; and $250, Second Runner Up
- Judging criteria will be given at the time of selection along with detailed instructions regarding poster guidelines
- Thursday, Aug. 31 - Abstracts Due
- (*Please note - Consideration and notice of acceptance by the GWPC may be given early to those who submit prior to the deadline)
- Wednesday, Sept. 6 - Selections Made / Poster Guidelines / Judging Criteria
- Monday, Sept. 18 - Poster PDF submitted to GWPC for Review
- Thursday, Sept. 28 - Students must set up posters at 11:30 a.m. at the Sheraton Boston. Students must be available by 5:30 p.m. for Q&A from judges and to showcase posters at Conference Reception until 8 p.m.