Beginning in 2014, 13 states partnered through a multi-state initiative called the Exchange. The exchange is a collaboration of the GWPC and the Interstate Oil & Gas Compact Commission (IOGCC).
The Exchange facilitates multi-state collaboration and innovative regulatory solutions for oil and natural gas producing states. States regulatory programs have been at the forefront of oil and gas exploration and production since the 1930s.
As a collaboration of state governments, the Exchange is in the unique position to coordinate efforts between the federal government and states to ensure that advances in regulatory regimes are efficient and effective.
- Potential Induced Seismicity Guide: A Resource of Technical and Regulatory Considerations Associated with Fluid Injection
- Colorado Idle Wells Peer Assessment
- 2019 Exchange Peer Assessment: Colorado Well Integrity Regulations
- SOGRE Peer Assessment: Virginia DMME, Division Of Oil & Gas
- 2017 Revision: Potential Injection Induced Seismicity Associated With Oil & Gas Development: A Primer On Technical & Regulatory Considerations Informing Risk Management & Mitigation
- State Oil And Natural Gas Regulations Designed To Protect Water Resources (3rd Edition)
- SOGRE Peer Review: Idaho
- Potential Injection-Induced Seismicity Associated with Oil & Gas Development: A Primer on Technical and Regulatory Considerations Informing Risk Management and Mitigation
- State Oil And Gas Regulations Designed To Protect Water Resources