5 compelling reasons you shouldn’t miss the 2019 UIC conference
National UIC Conference | Feb. 24-27, 2019 | Fort Worth, Texas
If you deal with Underground Injection Control in any way you'll want to take a look at the top 5 reasons why you shouldn't miss this year's National UIC Conference, as well as what past attendees have said about the value of the conference to them.
- The GWPC Underground Injection Control conference is the ONLY comprehensive UIC conference in the nation.
The UIC conference brings together UIC experts from state government, federal government, industry, NGOs, and academia from across the country – all in one place.
- Our session line-up covers real-world and timely issues impacting UIC and groundwater across the nation.
Hear from speakers representing all UIC classes on the latest issues. Plan to stay until the end…you won’t want to miss our closing session panel addressing the regulatory implications of current actions surrounding Clean Water Act discharges to groundwater via underground injection. The panel will look at the issue from the perspective of multiple UIC classes.
- The People
In addition to hearing from our expert presenters, the UIC conference is a great way to build your professional network. As a large number of professionals with expertise in UIC begin to retire, the UIC conference is a great way to connect that experienced group of individuals with extensive UIC knowledge with the next generation of professionals, as well as others who have a vested interest in UIC, it’s regulation, and its impact on groundwater.
- The Networking Events
In past event surveys, attendees have commented on how much they enjoy our receptions and networking opportunities. Sunday night we’ll welcome you at our hotel reception to be held at the Sheraton. The following night, join us for dinner, drinks and networking at the River Ranch Stockyards. Attendees will be greeted by cowboys and entertained by a trick roper at the event center that is reminiscent of the rustic retreat that greeted 1880s cattle drovers as “the last stop” before moving herds north along the Chisholm Trail.
- The Location
We encourage attendees to explore everything that downtown Fort Worth has to offer! The Sheraton is located just across from the Fort Worth Water Gardens. After visiting the Water Gardens, take the free trolley, affectionately called ‘Molly the Trolley’ to numerous restaurants and shopping located minutes away surrounding Sundance Square. Or head to the famous Fort Worth Stockyards, located about 3 miles from the hotel, to view the daily cattle drive, which takes place at 11:30 am and 4:00 pm.
What did past attendees think of the conference?
- “One thing I really like about this conference is that it is so focused on UIC and brings together regulators, operators, consultants and even environmental groups. By having a mature forum, each of these groups can communicate on a level that transcends disagreements and gets to the root of how industry can continues to operate using an environmentally responsible platform.”
- “I think future students who are interested in this field would be crazy not to attend. The ability to talk with EPA, state regulators, environmental NGOs, and industry representatives gives one the ability to see this field from every aspect.”
- “Great conference to keep up-to-date on current UIC hot topics and regulations and a nice place to network.”
More Information & To Register:
Click here to find out more about registration, hotel accommodations, the agenda and more.